free website stats program "winterizing" | Harley Davidson Forums

"winterizing"

Dear fellow sobs,

Here is how I like to "winterize" my bike: put this wind-screen back on, and ride it.

I'm also going to get me some new heated gloves for Christmas, if I can muster the price money that is. I find them more efficient than heated grips, plus you get to keep them when you sell your bike ! Thankfully, it rarely goes below zero where I live, except for a week or two maybe.

I bought the screen for 200 bucks on a motorcycle website (not HD mind you). Yes it wobbles at high speed (it's a high speed Sportster) but it's cheap, and good looking imho.

Thanks for listening

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dear fellow sobs,

Here is how I like to "winterize" my bike: put this wind-screen back on, and ride it.

I'm also going to get me some new heated gloves for Christmas, if I can muster the price money that is. I find them more efficient than heated grips, plus you get to keep them when you sell your bike ! Thankfully, it rarely goes below zero where I live, except for a week or two maybe.

I bought the screen for 200 bucks on a motorcycle website (not HD mind you). Yes it wobbles at high speed (it's a high speed Sportster) but it's cheap, and good looking imho.

Thanks for listening
You are going to like the heated gloves...alot!
Maybe add some type of shims to stop the wobble.

Back