Windy in "The Windy City"... Go Figure

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Drew, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

tonight I took the RKC on the highway in very windy conditions... I felt it a little bit, but not bad at all. I'm sure glad I had an 800 pound bike on the super slab with the severe gusts we were getting, though. The bike is great... the new Aileron grips are also a nice addition, much more comfortable than stock.

Whether riding in traffic, or on the super slab, I just feel more at ease on the RKC than I did on my previous bike. For whatever modest increase in effort there is when parking, backing it up, etc., I will surely take the power and stability of the bike in just about every other situation!

ride safe
    Drew

2. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

Windy in the Motor City too :s We got to 86 degrees yesterday. A beautiful night for a ride but windy. I too agree, my FatBob is 700lbs. Hard to backup or move around, but sitting at a light with the wind blowing at 30 to 40 miles an hour might move me a little but very stable. It's the gravel and sand blowing across the highway that I or my bike can't stand. Also the solid wheels did not give me trouble in the wind. The wind blows but my FatBob stays put.

3. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

We rode through Kettle Moraine yesterday. Was very windy. Going on a 350 mile ride today and I see that since I went to bed at midnite, they changed the forecast from high 70's and 30% chance of rain to high 60's and 80% chance.

I need to be a weatherman or a politician. The only two professions I know where you are highly paid to be consistently wrong.

Oh well, pack the rain gear. The ride goes on. I'm just sorry I spend a couple hours yesterday getting the bike all shiney.

Arg. :wall

4. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Hey Skratch were you up in Wisc. in the Northern kettles or in the south around Eagle? I put 200mi up in the Northern forest myself yesterday.