free website stats program Windsor, Ontario | Harley Davidson Forums

Windsor, Ontario

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Hey, here's my shout out to my Canadian budz. :D I'm going to be heading to Windsor, Ontario in a few days, and I was just wondering a few things. :s I won't have a lot of spare time so to speak, but I was toying with taking the bike......probably won't, but you never know, it may work out. Just wondering what kind of riding would be available, JIC, looking for mostly short rides that will need to originate near the airport, would be generally in the late afternoon/early evening.

If the riding thing doesn't work out, how about some local fare??? Any tasty restaurants that I should try?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you are looking for as far as riding goes. Usually you can meet some of the locals at a Tim Hortons coffee shop and they can advise you where to ride or take you on a little tour. As far as restaurants go The Keg is one of my favorites, good steaks. Ths serving staff are very attractive as well. Enjoy your visit, eh!

I have never been to Pelee Island but it is the most southern part of Canada. They say that it is farther south than the most northen part of California is .Great winerys and resturants. You have to take a ferry across and I don't know the times or prices but the tourist center in Windsor will have the information.. A trip along the shore of Lake Erie is a nice ride or take a ride down the road that is paralell to the St Clair River to Sarnia. That river connects Lakr Eire to Lakr Huron. I live about 2 hours east of Windsor. If you want to go home via Niagra Falls it will take about 4 1/2 hours to get to N.F.

Joy,Windsor itself is not the greatest city IMO,get out of town and check out the shoreline of Lake Erie and take in some of the port towns.You won't regret it.

Thank you all for the info. I'm I'll have to look into more of the schedule I'll have. Steve, that's sort of what I was thinking about the shoreline. I just glanced at the map & saw that it was pretty close to the water. :D As I get more info, I'll probably be contacting some of you.

Back