free website stats program windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

windshield

Pre rinse, warm soapy water, Novus polish for scratches followed by pledge, Novus can be safely used on All windshields:p

I use Pledge exclusively. I just gently rub the hard spots until the spot is gone. It can take a bit of rubbing for hard dried bugs but with patience they come off and it does not scratch. Easy does it though. Hard pressure may cause scratches before the spot softens. Patience.

I use Pledge exclusively. I just gently rub the hard spots until the spot is gone. It can take a bit of rubbing for hard dried bugs but with patience they come off and it does not scratch. Easy does it though. Hard pressure may cause scratches before the spot softens. Patience.

Best way to soften even dried bugs without scratching is to put 2 or 3 layers of wet paper towel on them. Let sit for 30 minutes and they will wipe right off without scratching... Same way I remove them from face shield on the helmet.

Best way to soften even dried bugs without scratching is to put 2 or 3 layers of wet paper towel on them. Let sit for 30 minutes and they will wipe right off without scratching... Same way I remove them from face shield on the helmet.

:wbs and thanks for the great tip. 1st post and it's a contribution:ap
Be sure to introduce yourself over in the new member section and tell us a little about yourself and your scoot.:s

i use plexus spray windshield cleaner. get it at any bike shop.spray it on wait a minute and wipe with a micro fiber cloth or clean rag. any bugs, marks, or dirt comes off easy and it leaves a coating on the windshield that repels rain like wax. great stuff, i've even used it on my fairing to clean up on the road.

Warm water on a microfiber cloth to loosen dirt and bugs followed by a liberal application of Pledge!

Another plug for Plexus. I put some soapy towels on it for 20 minutes or so to loosen em up first. Works for me.:s

Back