free website stats program windscreens for flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

windscreens for flhx

Cliff 02

for the sg riders, if you have changed your windscreen.
which one did you go with,do you like it and did it make a difference for you.
i'm 6'3 and want to change mine but don't know which one would be best.
thanks for any info.

I'm 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam.

Started with the 6 1/2 inch Clearview with recurve and really liked it.

Now I have the 8 inch Clearview with the recurve and I love it. Less wind buffeting and you can even hear your music much better.

I've got a 10 1/2" Clearview w/recurve, and really like it. It gives me plenty of wind protection, but I can still see over it with no problem. I'm 6', with a 33" inseam.

I tried an 8" Kuryakyn, and liked the way it looked, but still got wind buffeting on my helmet at highway speeds.

I'm 5-8 with a 32 inch inseam. Stock hit me in the forehead. 6 in HD is perfect for me. I bought a Fastaire for $25 to try out first. I wanted to stay as short as possible. Figured it was better to spend $25 before spending $120and finding out it was too short.

Im 6 feet and went with the 6.5" Klockwerks.I do like it and it did stop my glasses from rattling around.It does have its shortfalls.You cant use the windscreen pouches with a Klockwerks.If I were any taller it would not work for me and a Klockwerks any taller than a 6.5" starts to look like a spaceship IMO.
After reading all the posts on windscreens in this forum I would have gone with an 8" Clearview in a do over.

I tried a Cee Baileys, which is very similar in design to the Klockwerks. I liked the way it looked on the bike, but you cannot use windshield bags, and above about 35 mph it would start laying back just enough that the wind current hit me square in the face.

Also tried a Clarks Custom. Nice quality and inexpensive, but didn't care for the way it looked on the bike. It's designed to be wider than a standared windshield by 3-4" on each side. Gives great wind protection, and you can really hear the tunes. Just made the front of the bike look extremely massive. Would probably be good in the winter to block the wind.

I threw the 6" cee bailey off my ultra on my wifes sg and it works pretty well I'm 6'1" and didn't notice alot of buffet. Don't think it would do to well in weather though as you're still going to get quite a bit of wind in the face. Haven't thrown anything taller on it but I think going much taller is really going to start changing the look of the bike.

Back