free website stats program why an 883 | Harley Davidson Forums

why an 883

I wish everybody rode a motorcycle, but a two-seater, as life is about sharing. I like small displacements because they are nice, gentle, and unpretentious. Let's not confuse beauty with ostentatiousness! The modesty of the 883 is an integral part of its beauty, along with its simplicity, universality, and of course its unique design. I am the second owner of mine. The previous one was a good caretaker. I hope I will be a good father to my Sportster, my first Harley.

I have started to fiddle with the carb, doing n'importe quoi. Now it won't idle anymore. I have also replaced the huge blinkers with tiny led ones, and then they wouldn't blink. My solution to this was to put back two off the old blinkers hidden under the saddle, additionally to the four leds. Now I have six blinkers! lol!! This might need to be fixed professionally.

Despite me being a clumsy would-be mechanic, my 883 still loves me. It is gracefully turning the other cheek, and still starts in the morning to haul my undeserving ass. This bike is not just a motorcycle, it's a philosophical work of art ! one of my best friends...

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
They are a nice way to start.750's used to be a big bore bike.Now you can add 1000 c.c.'s to that.Mon compatriote.

Attachments

• tmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg
    tmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0
They are a nice way to start.750's used to be a big bore bike.Now you can add 1000 c.c.'s to that.Mon compatriote.
Yes indeed jamesesrl. I started 30 years ago in San Francisco when a workmate wanted to give up riding because he had his first child. I bought his Honda Rebel 250

You don't mention what year your bike is. Harley turn signal wiring modules are sensitive to resistance, hence your problem with low current draw led signals. Several companies (Badlands is one) offer kits to make leds work. Let us know what year your bike is and we should be able to help you get the carb back to idling the engine.

You don't mention what year your bike is. Harley turn signal wiring modules are sensitive to resistance, hence your problem with low current draw led signals. Several companies (Badlands is one) offer kits to make leds work. Let us know what year your bike is and we should be able to help you get the carb back to idling the engine.
It's a 1998 Breeze. I will give the Badlands kit a try. I changed the blinker control unit (for lack of a better name) that sits under the seat next to the battery for a led-able one (little black cube with three broaches plugged into the wiring system) but then the bike wouldn't start. Amazingly, when this little blinker-device is removed, you can't start the bike anymore !

Yes, the blinker control module is also a bank angle sensor that shuts the bike off when it goes down. When security was added to Harleys's it was incorporated into the Turn Signal Module and then known as Turn Signal Security module.

Yes, the blinker control module is also a bank angle sensor that shuts the bike off when it goes down. When security was added to Harleys's it was incorporated into the Turn Signal Module and then known as Turn Signal Security module.
Thank you Breeze. How do you know all this? Respect...

Haunting Harley forums while drinking my morning coffee so that I am able to keep my various Harleys in top order, has been my ritual for decades. (Thanks for the kind words Jeff)

Back