free website stats program whole different sound after high flow air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

whole different sound after high flow air cleaner

alto

01 Ultra. I bought it used last June. Only put 200 miles on before running out of weather.This type MC is brand new for me ( had a roadster). I sent the bike in for a 30,000 service..just got it back. The MC had Vance/Hines True duels with stock mufflers and stock air cleaner. Tech suggested I 'complete' the stage one by installing a High flow air cleaner ( STI FLH DIGI and Stage 1 EFI kit.whatever that is). MC seems to run fine but, one of the things I loved about the MC was it's quietness..Now, with this air cleaner, I get a lot of sound ( like the old muscle cars when we punched it..that sucking/howling sound from the carb/s)
from the air cleaner...Normal?. Should I have left it alone or go back to original air cleaner and remapped?. OR..as the tech suggested, this is better for the MC?

The intake sound is normal for the stage 1. It's nothing to be concerned about and iut runs more efficiently now to boot.

Thanks Glider. I was hoping you'd respond to hip me to all this. It's all new to me and, as anyone can tell, I don't know much about the mechanics of it all...Just enough to get myself in trouble most of the time.

Back