free website stats program Who DOESN'T | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who DOESN'T

Thanks NEWHD74FAN, I must be living life with blinders on:) have not seen the Pingle Vaccum Valves before, thanks for the link, Cool!

Yeah, thanks for the link, and thanks for all the replies. I don't have the pingle vacuum model, so I'll be shuting it off, just like I used to back in the day, LOL

I tend to switch it off for long stops and leave it on for short stops always off when parked overnight
on one occasion after a short stop got back on the bike wife behind me was leaving a car park leant the bike over opend the throttle to pull the bike back upright and the engine died wife and i dumped on the side of the road that was in 1981 and that guzzi was heavy enough to lift upright
so if i wont need choke to start i dont switch the fuel off

Brian

On my former carb bikes - turned off after every ride (once parked in garage - not during ride). On my new 09 FLHX - no need (EFI)...;)

It was a ritual I was taught back when Elvis was skinny. Turn on the gas, start the bike, stop the bike turn off the gas. I was so programmed to it, that I kept reaching for a petcock on my injected Electra Glide. :57:

It was a ritual I was taught back when Elvis was skinny. Turn on the gas, start the bike, stop the bike turn off the gas. I was so programmed to it, that I kept reaching for a petcock on my injected Electra Glide. :57:

Turn it off, whenever stopped, Good habit. Above is a perfect example.

Off in the garage or when parked somehwere over night or longer.

Kept on if I stop for a coffee or ???

:57:

I never turn the gas off on my sportster, always forgot to turn it on and would run out while riding. Did have a problem one time with some trash in the carb and it puddled underneath. Took carb apart, cleaned and no more problem when leaving the gas on.

Back