which spark plugs to use ?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by mca1989, May 13, 2011.

1. mca1989

mca1989 Member

Have an 09 EG with 103" & 255 cams. Wimmer air filter, supper trapps 2:1 exaust & power commander with auto tuner.
    what spark plugs do i want to use. OEM, SE either # 32186-10 or #32192-10 or another brand ?

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

O.E. Works great for me. The dealer always asked if I would be interested in S.E. plugs and have not tryed them yet.

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I use Champion plugs on my vehicles. HD doesn't manufacture spark plugs either.

TQ

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

OEM will work just as good as the fancy high priced plugs.

5. IBA Harley

IBA Harley Active Member

I've never noticed much of a difference between spark plugs. I know there are those that will disagree; however, can't see spending extra money on pixie dust. :)

6. texas tom

texas tom Active Member

I was having some hot start issues with my 103 se255 even with the compression releases went to a plug that was one range colder seems to start a little easier when hot so if your having some starting issues thats something to consider.

7. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

Look around on this site. (over on right side click on spark plug for a bunch more info).
    Can't find it right now but on this site had dyno results with different plugs. Bottom line, stock OEM plugs. Don't need to upgrade to SE or platinum or gold.

Spark Plug Interchange Guide

8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have always used stock oem plugs and have never had any problems with them so i have had no reason to try anything else

Brian

9. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I am experimenting with using the NGK Iridium @ $9 each on my stock "96". No better or no worse than stock plugs so far that I have seen.

Now on the small 2 cycle racing engines I play with, there is a big difference in performance but nothing to write home about on the 4 stroke HD.

Hey, I just had to try them or else you never know. :)

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Stock plugs save your money, I have Screaming Eagle plugs and wires as a gift no real big change that I can see