free website stats program Which Lifter? | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Lifter?

90FXRS

Contributor
Been looking at buying a set of lifters. The bike seems to be tickin loader and when we rebguilt the motor I used the old lifters......I know, I know.....Why did you do that dummy? I have a Feuling pump and was wondering if it would be best to go with their lifters or what do the Gurus on the forum recommend?

First thing I plan on doing is re-adjusting them and seeing if that helps.

I had a couple of noisy tappets on my sportster and replaced the lifters with the latest stock lifter and engine was all quiet again well as quiet as an hd engine gets but that was a few years ago i have read a story that the stock ones are now made in Mexico to not such a high standard as they were before

Brian

Been looking at buying a set of lifters. The bike seems to be tickin loader and when we rebguilt the motor I used the old lifters......I know, I know.....Why did you do that dummy? I have a Feuling pump and was wondering if it would be best to go with their lifters or what do the Gurus on the forum recommend?

First thing I plan on doing is re-adjusting them and seeing if that helps.

In my 2ooo fxds Big build, I used the feuling oil pump and a delkron cam support plate Gear drive cams,and Fueling lifters...

I had very good luck with them..

I had two stock HD lifters (replacements) go bad out of a set of 4...... No more.

signed....BUBBIE

I placed the order with AMS. I'll let everyone know what I think after they're installed.

Got the new set and they've been soaking in oil for a couple of days. I noticed when I took out the old ones I can't move the cup. Is this because they've been running or is it something more obvious that I'm ignorant to?

I answered my question about the cup.......started thinking about it and it's because the lifters are pumped and full.

AMS LIFTERS ARE THE TICKET!!!!!!!!! They're installed and running. No more ticking time bomb. Soaked them in oil for a couple of days and used an old pushrod to do a little pre pump up. When I fired up the FLSTFI it purred like it should and the lifters went quiet after a few seconds. I could not be happier with them and highly recommemd them to anyone with a twin cam that has noisy ticking lifters.

I answered my question about the cup.......started thinking about it and it's because the lifters are pumped and full.

AMS LIFTERS ARE THE TICKET!!!!!!!!! They're installed and running. No more ticking time bomb. Soaked them in oil for a couple of days and used an old pushrod to do a little pre pump up. When I fired up the FLSTFI it purred like it should and the lifters went quiet after a few seconds. I could not be happier with them and highly recommemd them to anyone with a twin cam that has noisy ticking lifters.

Good deal and thanks for the link I am sure it will come in handy, Happy riding:s

Back