free website stats program Where can I get Chrome Rocker Cover Bolts | Harley Davidson Forums

Where can I get Chrome Rocker Cover Bolts

ironmark

I was doing a spit shine on the rocker covers and I was noticing the oxidation on the bolts. I would like to get chrome bolts for the rocker covers to make the top of the engine look better. I see that you can get chrome caps that would go over the head of the bolt but I would really like the chrome bolts. Anyone have any ideas on where I can purchase chrome bolts for my bike.

I was doing a spit shine on the rocker covers and I was noticing the oxidation on the bolts. I would like to get chrome bolts for the rocker covers to make the top of the engine look better. I see that you can get chrome caps that would go over the head of the bolt but I would really like the chrome bolts. Anyone have any ideas on where I can purchase chrome bolts for my bike.

I find them at a HD Dealer store.... I CRINGE at the $$ price but usually they are of Good Quality and the RIGHT sized ones for the job...

Careful if you replace "One At A Time". That worked on my bikes and No Leaks.:D

signed....BUBBIE

The True Value, Ace hardware and an independent builders supply stores in my area have chrome nuts/bolts/washers. Like Bubbie said, they are pricey. I buy stainless steel bolts, file the marks off the head and polish them to a good shine. But, I like spending too much time in the garage. :p

I purchased a set from the dealer. Like Bubbie said they werent cheap but at the time I was buying everything HD and wouldn't put after market stuff on (I dont know why and I've since changed my mind). One thing to watch out for with the HD bolts is the chrome ones are allen head only so you cant use a regular wrench. This becomes a problem on the left rear jug where there simply isnt enough clearance between the bolt and the frame. For that bolt I just used the OEM hardware.

Back