free website stats program Wheel Weights on FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel Weights on FLHX

skcm2006

I just got a rear tire replaced by the dealer -

Normally I see the wheel weights WERE on the rim next to sidewall of the tire.

Tonight when I look at it I see that they put the weights on the rim that run from left to right on the rim -

Is this normal, I have never seen it like that....

I just got a rear tire replaced by the dealer -

Normally I see the wheel weights WERE on the rim next to sidewall of the tire.

Tonight when I look at it I see that they put the weights on the rim that run from left to right on the rim -

Is this normal, I have never seen it like that....

Me niether, whatever you do don't let 'em talk you into dyna beads they used them on my current tires and I'm waiting for the first opportunity to change back, at about 90 mph the front end will make your vision blurry. :(

Never seen that before and I have balanced a lot of wheels:s

Attached is the picture - I just can't make this up!

Attachments

• Wheel weights - Drake.jpg
    Wheel weights - Drake.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 104
I sent an email to the Dealership and I believe they are closed - Needless to say, I have a trip from PA to TN next week.... Grrrr

I sent an email to the Dealership and I believe they are closed - Needless to say, I have a trip from PA to TN next week.... Grrrr

How does it ride like this? You could mark the wheel where the weight is, swing in to an auto repair shop get some sticky weights and put them on in the same plane but in a straight line and try that. If you do wipe the wheel down with some alcohol first:s

Attached is the picture - I just can't make this up!

So it looks lik they just put tham in the center of the wheel ? Personally I don't see a problem with it but bottom line if you're not happy with it you might talk to them at least to get their reasonong behind it and then have them cange it.

Back