free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

Cobra Fi2000. Worked fine but I now have a SE Race Tuner so I gave the Cobra to a buddy for his Electra Glide Ultra Classic.

No more back firing!:worthy

Does anybody have experience with the Bassani EFI tuner? Starting to research different systems and can't find much info on the Bassani tuner.

Glider, which setup do you recommend? Specific to 2007 softail.
Your previous post on Stage 1 intake setup with K&N, is that about the best overall? If not what else and what rationale?

Glider, which setup do you recommend? Specific to 2007 softail.
Your previous post on Stage 1 intake setup with K&N, is that about the best overall? If not what else and what rationale?

The stage 1 is a good addition to any harley motor. I like the TFI which adjusts just fuel for most applications. Other choices like the SERT are a bit of overkill for most and the features aren't necessary for most nearly stock engines.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

Are there any warranty issues by making these type of changes, to your knowledge?

Also, are there perfrmance issues that can arise by changing out a system at a time (i.e. Stage 1, ECM, Exhaust), or should mods be done all at once?

Last, I understand the exhaust needs proper back pressure to perform correctly. V&H, and the majors, likely engineer their products with this in mind. You have indicated previously that slip-ons are very good as replacements vs changing out the pipes, if I understood correctly. How does one go about changing to slip-ons?

Thanks for the help.

Are there any warranty issues by making these type of changes, to your knowledge?

This is determined to a good extent by the integrity of the dealer you use.Take a look here for more info...

Warrantee Denied/What To Do - Harley Davidson Community

Also, are there perfrmance issues that can arise by changing out a system at a time (i.e. Stage 1, ECM, Exhaust), or should mods be done all at once?

Easier to do it all at once and set up the tuner of your choice only once but they can be done in parts.

Last, I understand the exhaust needs proper back pressure to perform correctly. V&H, and the majors, likely engineer their products with this in mind. You have indicated previously that slip-ons are very good as replacements vs changing out the pipes, if I understood correctly. How does one go about changing to slip-ons?

To do this, you unbolt the stock mufflers and install the slip ons in their place.

Ya, too easy. I guess I should have looked it over for a few seconds before asking a question with such a simple answer.

I have a 2009 Softail Custom (FXSTC). So far, it is all stock. This is my first Harley. I have ridden Honda until now.
I just purchased the SE heavy breather today. So far, I haven't found anyone that has suggested any reason to go with any other Intake. (I stongly considered Kuryakyn HyperChargers)
I still have stock everything else. (the SE Intake isn't installed yet either). I have been trying to find out which way to modify the EFI system. I have been considering PCIII and Thunder-Max.
My HD Dealer won't install the PCIII (or anything other than the SE Race Fueler for that matter). Talking with them today, they are saying that the best route is the SE parts. They say that the map system is totally different than a few years back.

The question is which device to use. I am hoping for the best bang for my buck. Stock, my bike has 61.68 HP and torque is 79.26. I am considering Martin Bros Medusa pipes to put on when I put on the EFI mod.

I would love some feedback from others that have used the SE parts, as well if anyone has used the Thunder-Max Autotuner.

The dealer is no doubt suggesting the SE parts because he sells them.

You can add a TFI to the bike and get what you want out of that with the least amount of $$$ and work. User friendly and they do the job. I have run them on all my bikes and they do work.

I see lots of people going for the higher priced units like the T Max and the SERT and can see some benefits to using them but IMO, they are overkill for these bikes and not needed unless you are building a fire breather.

2003 Road King, Stock cams, Stage 1 upload.

I used the V&H True Duals with V&H Slip-ons
Only seemed logical to use the FuelPak. So far I haven't been disappointed.
I've used the PC and Sert on previous bikes with limited success.
If you're looking for every ounce of all out power then the PCIII or Sert is probably the best choice but for all around drivability the FuelPak is tough to beat.

The FuelPak gives me 2-3 less horsepower than the PCIII but it never stumbles, pops, or hesitates and I get 45-48 mpg two up and loaded.
Plugs look perfect and temps are lower than any setup I've used.

One thing nobody tells you is the FuelPak will actually shut all fuel off at decel which as far as I know, no other controller does. Harley says they will overheat on long steep downhill grades but my head temp doesn't prove that out.

The FuelPak is almost plug and play too.

Geno:cheers

Back