free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I'm trying to decide on rather I should buy a "Tuner" or a "Fueler". I'm really only looking for two things, better fuel mileage (currently get 35 mpg) and resolve the lean condition. I have the Stage 1 air filter and V&H Big Shots. Any ideas?

I'm trying to decide on rather I should buy a "Tuner" or a "Fueler". I'm really only looking for two things, better fuel mileage (currently get 35 mpg) and resolve the lean condition. I have the Stage 1 air filter and V&H Big Shots. Any ideas?

Go with the TFI.If you have stage1 and pipes already installed you are running your bike dangerously lean,and causing it to heat and lug all the time,take off the stage 1 untill you get a tuner

Hello Billyg, I am thinking about ordering the V from Fuel Moto also. I have a 08 Lowrider. The only thing I am concerned about is that the units are retrofited for bikes other than 09"s.

I have the Vance & Hines Big Shots, Screamin Eagle air and Vance & Hines fuel pack. Very easy to install and map. :D

I started out with a PCIII on my o3 classic.I have rinehart tru duals and SE aircleaner.Had it on for 2 seasons before the bike started acting up.I spent countless hours and money on diagnstics because it wasnt popping any codes.I was finally able to dtermine it was the IAC motor was not keeping up and basically overheating causing the bike to stall at traffic lights.After conversing with the powers that be I decided to spend the money on a SERT.I must say the bike runs like a scolded dog and with the custom map (more money) i picked up 10 horespower.The bike dynos at 76 horespower thats 6 more tha a stock 96 and 83ft pounds of torque which is nice to have when you ride 2 up.

I started out with a PCIII on my o3 classic.I have rinehart tru duals and SE aircleaner.Had it on for 2 seasons before the bike started acting up.I spent countless hours and money on diagnstics because it wasnt popping any codes.I was finally able to dtermine it was the IAC motor was not keeping up and basically overheating causing the bike to stall at traffic lights.After conversing with the powers that be I decided to spend the money on a SERT.I must say the bike runs like a scolded dog and with the custom map (more money) i picked up 10 horespower.The bike dynos at 76 horespower thats 6 more tha a stock 96 and 83ft pounds of torque which is nice to have when you ride 2 up.

The IAC only affects air the same as adjusting the throttle plate on a carburetor to change idle speed.

The sert has the ability to change afr, timing, idle speed plus changes are dynamic through the entire rpm range.

Glad to see you are satisfied with your investment.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I happen to have the ability to compare 2 identical 08 streetglides with different setups.Mine has Hookers,PC,Ness big sucker.Hers has Rienharts,SERT, and also a Ness big sucker.I gotta say hers out of the box is the better setup.No decell popping and runs smoothe with better mpg.Mine on the other hand is headed for the dyno.

076.jpg

Dobeck TFi - spent a lot of time reading the material on this site and went with it. Can't particularly recall what I paid - was over $200 - but it was more than I should have because I didn't mention to the sellers that I am a member of HDTimeline (we get a 10% discount which I think Glider was behind :s). It's very easy to use - lovely piece of kit and together with the SEII slip ons and Kuryaken AC has made a very noticable improvement to the torque and acceleration of the bike without any deterioration in mpg. Win-win-win situation :D.

I happen to have the ability to compare 2 identical 08 streetglides with different setups.Mine has Hookers,PC,Ness big sucker.Hers has Rienharts,SERT, and also a Ness big sucker.I gotta say hers out of the box is the better setup.No decell popping and runs smoothe with better mpg.Mine on the other hand is headed for the dyno.

076.jpg

I didn't know your could put a SERT on with out a Dyno.

Back