free website stats program what to buy | Harley Davidson Forums

what to buy

campos

I'm a soldier deployed in Iraq, and have the oportunity to buy the 2008 or the 2009 soft tail deluxe for the same low price. My problem is I don't know which one to buy, because I wont be able to see the real bike in person until I get back to the states. the '08 is a two tone Vivid black/ with satin blue pearl, and the '09 is the new turquios/ with antique white. I've seen a picture of the '09 bike on the front page of the harley website, looks pretty nice. My questions: What bike is the best investment? What colors looks the best? and Has anyone seen these colors before? I thank you for your input in advance.

Thanks,
SFC Campos

I resemble that comment, funny thing is my best friend tried like hell to talk me out of it the night before....and I didn't listen.......

If you don't know...buy the 09'.......and never use the word "investment" when buying a new bike.....cause it ain't....

I recommend you don't buy anything...till you get back....get settled and look at a bunch...then I would recommend you rent several and then decide........that's what I did...it almost killed me....I wanted to get back from Iraq and get right onto a bike....trust me..there's no hurry....and it's much more fun shopping in person.......the AAFES bike buying program is not what it used to be.....the prices aren't that great any more......Being active duty..I see a lot of great bikes for sale on lemon lots that came from that program for sale on military installations with low miles bought by soldiers who thought they wanted to ride....and then just never got into it.....good luck...be safe...and if you're coming back to Fort Stewart....then I've got a Fatboy for sale....:)...

Back