free website stats program What seat | Harley Davidson Forums

What seat

Hi all.
I'm looking to replace my seat.on my 2008 Sporty R. I am looking at the Danny Gray big solo and the Mustang touring solo.
I would like to incorporate a back rest if necessary, my 63 year old back might appreciate it. also a passenger pad when needed. Anyone have experience with either of these. I know comfort is subjective. (My brother rode a hardtail for years!)
These aren't cheap so any help is appreciated.
Best regards.

The stock seat leaves much to be desired.
200 miles on my stock '02 Sporty would hammer me in the kidneys.
I put a Mustang on my Sporty and can do 500 miles easy and never notice it.

Also have a Mustang seat on my Ultra. Ride cross country without a seat problem.

Good luck.

I used to have an 08 1200R and I put the HD Sundowner seat with a pair of 412 Progressive shocks on it. I couldn't make it more than 50 miles or so when it was stock without a sore rear end. Longest ride after changing the seat/shocks was over 500. Still have them both if you are interested drop me a PM.

I put the widest Mustang seat I could find on my sporty, and it made a huge difference. But it does sit a couple inches higher.

Mine went up a little but I don't believe it was a couple of inches higher. Maybe a half inch to an inch but that is about that.

Back