free website stats program what kind of oil comes in 2011 harley davidson engines | Harley Davidson Forums

what kind of oil comes in 2011 harley davidson engines

hd4evr

Banned
Just picked up a 2011 FXDC and I was wondering if it came from the factory with Syn 3 or HD 360. Anybody know?

I'd say the 360. They are not going to give you more than they have to. In any event the 360 is a better oil.

Hey Glider,

That is interesting about the 360. I know so many here seem to be against any of the oils HD has. Why is or what makes the 360 better?

The 360 is made by Citgo petroleum but it is a better product than the Syn 3 at least and much more realistically priced.

The 360 is made by Citgo petroleum but it is a better product than the Syn 3 at least and much more realistically priced.

I thought Syn 3 was also supposed to be made by Citgo. If not, then who makes Syn 3, or does it depend on the day of the week :s

First service due at 1,000 - why would MOCO waste and go to additional expense of synthetic oil.
Probably has the 360, but may have a "break-in" mineral oil.
I used to be a Honda (car) service advisor and they came with a "break-in" oil and we were told to "discourage" premature 1st oil changes to allow proper break in.

Back