free website stats program what is this bike | Harley Davidson Forums

what is this bike

slim jim

I have a chance to buy a harley, but i not seen this model before. It is a 1984 fxr dg wide glide. The fellow i am buying this from told me that there was very few made. It really looks different , solid back wheel and a spoke wheel on frt. I have just joined this site and look forward to posting. thank you.

welcome to the site Slim. If you can get the vin#, you can run it online & probably get a lot of info such as: how rare, years produced, highlight features, etc.

There's one on craigslist with a pic, says 856 made but it says FXRDG Low Glide. Good looking bike but might be hard to find parts for, 84/85 HD was changing over from Shovel head to EVO/4 speed to 5 speed/chain drive to belt drive/solid mount to rubber mount. But you can still get parts when you know what you have.

Welcome to the forum Slim. My Harley Davidson data book pretty much backs up what you have already been told. Excerpt from book: "FXRDG Disc Glide with Evolution Engine". The Disc Glide is a one year limited -edition model based on the FXRS, with special paint and graphics and a solid rear wheel.
Engine: 80 ci evolution, rear wheel is solid spun aluminum disc. Chain final drive, 5 speed trans., wire front wheel. Tank emblem is "Genuine Harley-Davidson" in ornate script. Diaphragm clutch, Chrome engine and gearbox cover. Production total 853 (thats within 10 units of prev. replies).

Is this the one you are looking at? On Craigslist in Arizona.

++++++++

extremely rare 1985 fxrdg,1 of only 856 made,limited edition only,98 percent original,original paint still in great shape,runs drives and handles great,one of the rarest fxr's ever produced,first year of the evo,wont find another one this clean,thats if you can even find another one at all,480-488-2343 or 623-258-0515...also comes with leather saddle bags and detachable windshield...

Attachments

• 3n23k03ld5O55V55Y0a4996b4730cec861534.jpg
    3n23k03ld5O55V55Y0a4996b4730cec861534.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 72
I wanted to thank every body for the reply,s . I stumbled on this in a cellar in nh and thought it was one weird looking harley. I am going to bring it home tomorrow. It has not been started in 4 or 5 years. I got it running at the guys house, but it ran(edit) poor and i did not want to do any damage until it is serviced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back