free website stats program What happens at age 60? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What happens at age 60?

There's a technique to it that makes it fairly easy for even a 5' teenage girl to lift one. If you've ever checked out Ride Like A Pro they show how. I've had to do it a couple of times unfortunately.
As for 60.. I'll find out in 6 months when I get there. Already have the Glide so who knows. :)

So you are not really old yet;)

man i hate to say it but when i first got my ultra classic i bet i dropped it 1/2 dozen times. was not even ready for the weight. it seemed to be so top heavy. i dropped it the first ride i went on which was to J&P cycles in daytona i really thought i was holding it up but it was on the ground. thanks to the guy that came running out of J&P and helped me lift it back up and thank god it has the saddlebag guards on it. at 64 i cant even pick it up by myself just dont have the balls anymore. it is what it is

So it’s true.
The Harley demographic is like 60 year olds plus, all fatting around on big V Twins.
No wonder H-D is searching for new markets.

When next year’s bike’s are introduced, maybe they’ll all have outrigger support wheels.
Sorta like the training wheels we all had on our push bikes w a a a y back in 1960.

So it’s true.
The Harley demographic is like 60 year olds plus, all fatting around on big V Twins.
No wonder H-D is searching for new markets.

When next year’s bike’s are introduced, maybe they’ll all have outrigger support wheels.
Sorta like the training wheels we all had on our push bikes w a a a y back in 1960.

So the wheels would come in handy for those who consume mass quantities. At bike week a few years back traffic at a dead stop, one guy just plain laid it down and knocked over another guy, looked like both had been drinking way too much, helped each other up and shook hands

Been riding baggers since '83. At 71, I enjoy my back rest, especially on those 500-600 mile days. I've been riding with the same touring club for 26 years and we practice lifting the bikes at least once a year. It helps to know you can or can't do it anymore. A lot of the guys my age really struggle to get 'em back up or flat can't do it.
All I can say about 60 is to look forward to 70 on a sweet bagger.

Back