free website stats program What determines a "closed" thread? | Harley Davidson Forums

What determines a "closed" thread?

horizonchaser

Contributor
I was just reading the "Harley Bashing" post and I saw that it was closed. I have been reading this forum for a few years now and never really did understand why one thread would be closed and yet others can run on for hundreds of days. Forgive my ignorance but I just had to ask.

Hobbit is correct threads are closed when there is a chance that they can get out of hand or become political or when they have come to their conclusion it is not something that is often done but it does happen

Brian

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me! I figured it might be something along those lines but I wasn't really certain.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me! I figured it might be something along those lines but I wasn't really certain.

I chose to put in my Political View on that thread and It was Part of the reason for its closing... I KNOW better to do so but every once and a while I need to vent or put my view out there... HDT is NOT the place to do so..
Views like mine will cause Others to Jump in and Protect their views and so on so on ETC..

I would only Hope everybody agreed with my views,, But I know some wont so Hence CLOSED..

So Some or Most blame can go my way and it should..
SORRY !!! ,,, as I KNOW Better...

signed....BUBBIE

Hobbit is correct threads are closed when there is a chance that they can get out of hand or become political ... ... ... .. Brian

What us get out of hand ? :lolrolling

I chose to put in my Political View on that thread and It was Part of the reason for its closing... I KNOW better to do so but every once and a while I need to vent or put my view out there... HDT is NOT the place to do so.. .. ... .. .. ... ... signed....BUBBIE

I jumped in and agreed with you BUBBIE and threw my extra 2 cents worth in while trying to stay away from politics, but I am just as much to blame as you. But I think there were also some private feuds going on about misunderstandings.

I pretty much count every day I'm allowed to participate on this forum as a blessing given my track record. I try diligently and feel I have improved, but I have had my share of offenses and vacations.

I can honestly say I enjoy all the posts and all the moderators. Somebody has to keep us all moving in the right direction. Harleys and this forum are two things right with the world now days.

What us get out of hand ? :lolrolling

I jumped in and agreed with you BUBBIE and threw my extra 2 cents worth in while trying to stay away from politics, but I am just as much to blame as you. But I think there were also some private feuds going on about misunderstandings.

I pretty much count every day I'm allowed to participate on this forum as a blessing given my track record. I try diligently and feel I have improved, but I have had my share of offenses and vacations.

I can honestly say I enjoy all the posts and all the moderators. Somebody has to keep us all moving in the right direction. Harleys and this forum are two things right with the world now days.
Very well said Dave and Modest too IMO:s

Good question and even better replies. I was wondering about closed threads and it is good to have the air cleared on that. Great site, great moderators, and great information exchange so thanks to all :small3d031:and keep up the good work!

Back