What a day to waste

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ImaRider, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ImaRider

ImaRider Active Member

You might recall this thread I had on my battery:
    Why is my bike harder to start after priming? - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTalking.com

Well today I had planned a trip to Skyline drive and Winchester Va. I got my clothes ready, rolled the bike out of the shed, checked tire pressure, cleaned old bugs off the windshield, and I was ready to go.
    Normally I start the bike to warm it up while I put on my jacket and helmet. Today I jump on the bike, listen for it to prime, hit the starter only to hear Click, Click, Click. I know it isn't the battery as that is new. Take off the seat and the fuse block cover holding my finger on the starter relay while hitting the start button. I could feel the click in the relay so I knew that was it.
    Now to wait for the indy to open to buy a new relay. By the time I got there and drove back home I lost the interest in the ride. I had lost 3 hours and I didn't want to start out at noon. Just disappointing but I am glad it chose to be bad before I got out on my trip.
    Why does Harley make so many different relays when they make all the cuts they do in production? Seems if they streamlined the parts to a single source that alone would save them money and the dealers confusion on what part is what.
  2. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Well ...That stinks....Glad you have fixed your bike...I dont like a late start to anything..Mabe you can still take a small ride ....:)
  3. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

I have no problem starting out at noon. That's when I started my 4 day ride last year.

Glad you got the bike going.