free website stats program Well I did it again | Harley Davidson Forums

Well I did it again

I started a thread a while back about removing lowering kit from my scoot to make it ride softer for my girl.
And when I first joined I asked about compensator sprockets,over the last couple months I replaced the compensator ,sprocket, chain,adjuster,removed lowering kit adjusted shocks got the ride back without noticeable ride height change. Having said all this as I was finishing up shock adjustment I looked at my final drive belt and drat it it has teeth(if thats what you call them) missing. So now I need to tear it all down again to replace. So I guess the moral of the story is as long as you have something tore down don't get wrapped up in that problem only inspect everything in that area.
Tony

This time you pull it all apart it'll be quicker and easier as a lot of the work is fresh in your mind and its been apart recently
i know its a pain but there is no substitute for experience and you've just climbed a bit higher in the experience stakes

Brian

I started a thread a while back about removing lowering kit from my scoot to make it ride softer for my girl.
And when I first joined I asked about compensator sprockets,over the last couple months I replaced the compensator ,sprocket, chain,adjuster,removed lowering kit adjusted shocks got the ride back without noticeable ride height change. Having said all this as I was finishing up shock adjustment I looked at my final drive belt and drat it it has teeth(if thats what you call them) missing. So now I need to tear it all down again to replace. So I guess the moral of the story is as long as you have something tore down don't get wrapped up in that problem only inspect everything in that area.
Tony

Tony, we have all been there and know the frustration...it is one of those lumps we get from the learning "school of hard knocks" a little black and blue but none the worse for wear...:newsmile07:

At least as Brian said i've had it down so i got that much going for me....lol......I told my girlfriend it is a labor of love so all is good.........
Tony

Well scoot is back together after pulling it apart twice...lol....took old belt to Harley store to match up and still got the wrong one but didn't notice it till i had installed swing arm and wheel ......tore it back down....now new rear pads and belt.....took it for a test yesterday after completed ...lets just say smiles from ear to ear......little happy dance to boot....lol......
Tony

Well done hope it doesn't need another strip till winter so you can enjoy the fruits of your labour

Brian

Back