free website stats program Weird issues after washing 08 UGC | Harley Davidson Forums

Weird issues after washing 08 UGC

lannyw

Washed my Ultra last night halfway through washing I noticed the light on the odometer was on and had diag on it. After I finished I turned the ign on and all the gauges, lights, were in a diag mode.

Bike started, ran fine but my trip button would not work or if i held it, it seemed the bike would go back into a diag mode.

I assume that I got water somewhere it didn't belong I'm assuming it was in the trip button / speedo. :small3d023: My bad. I've washed it before never had an issue like this before.

Let bike set overnight just checked it, it all seems back to normal this morning. Anybody else ever had this problem or know a how to prevent it from happening again?

I like to keep the water off the dash and gauges/bars/ignition and away from the ECM to eliminate this from happening. Park it out in the sun if it happens again, it usually bakes it dry.

These parts are water resistant but NOT water proof.

I had almost the same problem with my 08 ultra. After riding for a bit in heavy rain the trip switch had no effect. odometer was stuck in total miles mode and would not change also radio would not change stations etc. Dealer said no faults. will keep you posted however itz overdue to get cold here!

Thanks Glider and Dan1551 for the replies.

Yea I knew I got water in somewhere where it didn't belong.

Averything was back to normal this morning, the only other thing I noticed was my trip A and B had both reset back to 0.0 miles.

Back