free website stats program Weekend Wrencher | Harley Davidson Forums

Weekend Wrencher

Jeff Tomlin

Hey Y'all,

My name is Jeff Tomlian, I am from South Central Pa, close to Gettysburg. Although I have read and been helped by reading these types of forums, I decided to join one and see what more I can learn. I have always been fascinated by Harley's but could never really afford them or afford to fix them. I acquired an older Harley last year (2002 FLHTCUI) and put on my learning cap. I love to tinker in the shop and the bike I have has given me endless hours of satisfying tinkering.

Welcom, 2002 was a great year; hot forged crank, Timken left side crank bearing and Delphi EFI (if not a carb); all in all, a great platform for anyone with a bad case of "tinkeritus".;)

Attachments

• 20141130_162830_resized.jpg
    20141130_162830_resized.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20141130_163047_resized.jpg
    20141130_163047_resized.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 9
Hey Dolt, I would love to hear your opinion on my post earlier this morning. I had a cam bearing fail pretty badly. Not sure how to get you there. Still new here.

try this:
https://www.hdtimeline.com/conversations/inner-cam-bearing-failure.48258/

Don't know why I didn't see the post; I should see all "new posts" but didn't see that one. The link didn't work. You can PM me or perhaps start another post "Failed Cam Bearing".

Further to that point, the OEM bearings are INA bearings and one of those things that most change on early models the first time they change/upgrade tensioner shoes. The replacement bearing is a full compliment bearing; Torrington B148, maybe Timken now but HD sells them as well. A nasty cam bearing failure can be very damaging and could result in a complete tear down to insure that all metal debris has been removed. Sometimes, not often, the bearing boss is damaged and the case has to be repaired. Of course, all are not that bad; just depends on what happened. I would like to see your post and pictures if you have them.

http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/showthread.php?t=88

Back