Warranty

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Hognewbie, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hognewbie

Hognewbie Member

I just recieved notice that my factory warranty is going to expire. What's weird is the time period. I bought the bike on 11/28/08 and the expiration notice says its going to expire on 04/01/11. By my calculations thats about 28 months.

I went through my original paperwork and cannot find the actual warranty, they must not have given it to me.

Does anyone know what the length of the factory warranty is?

2. Mad Dog Jim

Mad Dog Jim Banned

It might be that they didn't get it entered into their system until then, so that started the clock.

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

And it's 2 years with unlimited mileage, which is pretty cool.

4. albe

albe Member

I bought my 09. FXDF at almost the same time as you. At that time they were adding another 6 months free of charge to the 24mo. std. warranty as a bonus. It should show up if the dealer were to enter the bikes Vin#. Btw i got same notice last week. Stay safe.

5. david26

david26 Active Member

I bought mine in 2/09 and my warranty runs out 04/01/11 also thought it was strange i got the free couple months to but it even stranger it runs out on the same day.
    Go next week to get aleast anouther 2 years extended

6. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson Banned

When I bought my Street Bob in November I got the 2 years plus 2 extra free. Guess this means I am tied in with servicing at main dealer for 4 years?