free website stats program Vibrations | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibrations

Fuzzman

Account Removed
Hello everyone,
Just had a quick question. Finally pulled the bike out of the garage. Fired it up for a few minutes. And then took off down the road. I noticed a little more vibrations then normal. I thought maybe it was just I haven't rode it in about 6 months. But after a few miles it smoothed out. Could it have been just getting everything lubed up after so long, or should I be concerned? I had the dealer do the service just a few weeks before I stored it. Any input would help. Thank You
Fuzz

After a storage periods, things may feel different, check the oil levels in all three holes and see if the vibes continue.

After a storage periods, things may feel different, check the oil levels in all three holes and see if the vibes continue.

i agree i though mine shook a little bit more after sitting the winter but now seem just like last year

No matter how carefull you have been with stabilizers and changing oil before storage if you are storing in an unheated space where the temperature fluctuates condensation will creep in to oil and fuel ,not enough to damage,but enough to give you the feeling that it just isn't right. After it has warmed up completely it will go away Thats why I change my fluids after I run through one tank of fuel. This is just my own paranoia

A good possibility is that if you haven't moved the bike for a while, The tires will get a slightly flat spot on them from sitting in one spot. Once you get the tires warmed up for the first time, the vibrations go away.

All of above makes a lot of sense. I don't get that since I ride all year round. :D However, I'm an old and Ugly guy that has ridden many a Harley. Compared to the old HD's, these bikes feel like something is wrong if they don't vibrate! :42:
Ugly John

Back