free website stats program Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibration

tommygun

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I just bought a 2010 Dyna Fat bob CVO with the 110 ci. This thing really has some vibes coming from the bars and motor at idle but mostly smooth's out underway. It also has a bang under the tank when I hit any bumps. Shakes like a Sporty. Could this be a broken motor mount? It has 4900 mi.:help

I couldn't find any specific threads but I seem to remember in the past some folks talking about the fuel tank mounting bolts being found loose, allowing enough free play to cause clunks when hitting bumps.

Check your front lower motor mount, make sure all bolts are tight, The tank mount bolts need to be tight also, common bang noise on a Dyna

There is a difference between vibrations at idle, and the Harley rubber mount shake. Rubber mount motors look like they are going to fall out of the frame at idle, that's just how they work. If it all smoothes out underway, "they all do that".:D

My 2010 SB has the same issue. Checking mounts this weeken. Vibrate and chunks like crazy on decel to stop. Anything else I should look for? Also has a grinding noise when taking turnes without being under load. I have 3000 miles on it.
WAP.gif

hi had the same problem with my 2012 street bob,grating an vibrations when turning took it to different hd dealer for 2nd opinion, checked steering, wheel bearings nothing took it out on road test on return he said I see what you mean, they put it down to the tyre tread pattern an it should ease off after 3000 miles ish ? time will tell

My 2008 Fat Bob has broken the bolts where the exhaust bracket attaches to the transmission.

It broke the bracket once and broke the bolt at the back several times.

The first breaks were in the first 1000 miles

I now have about 6000 miles since new.

Factory exhaust.

I now have one of the three transmission bolts broken off flush. And the rear bolt broke again the other day.

I do get a lot of clunks when going over small bumps.

Jim

My 2008 Fat Bob has broken the bolts where the exhaust bracket attaches to the transmission.

Factory exhaust.

I now have one of the three transmission bolts broken off flush. And the rear bolt broke again the other day.

Jim

Just a thought.... Do you do a lot of burn outs or speed shift???????

Factory exhaust.

Jim

That is down-right scary. Hope that is a fluke, or maybe the torque wrenches at the MoCo were set really badly that day...

Back