free website stats program Veteran check in | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Veteran check in

I had two service careers, First and most proud I was in the USN, as a crew member aboard a nuclear powered Fleet Ballistic Missle Submarine serving from 1968 until 1972. Second I spent 23 years as a police officer again serving. I must say the military time was more rewarding. No lawyers to try to second guess every move you make. Ah, life without lawyers, what a thought. ( that should start a thread, whattaya think ?)

Retiring this month (17 days and a wake-up) from 24 years Army. 1985-2009.
1st RGR BN, -31C Radio Operator, 18E/Z - 10th SFG(A). I have been honored to serve all around during this time frame. God Bless our troops today, they need it now.

Reporting In:
1973 Fort Jackson, SC
1973 - 1976 Fort Bragg NC

548th Eng. D Company 20th Eng Bgd
72nd Aviation ATC
l_8c07c75ff25149a89ea93b2210bf3f89.jpg

You had to have been an FE. Flight Engineer for those that don't know.
What type of platform?

Nope...I was a COD crewman. Brought the mail aboard the carrier (C-1A).

BUPERS had a set of orders for me to FE school and I had negotiated them for a 6 month extension to my current enlistment but when Personnel called and asked me to ship over for six to accept the orders I told them to send them back. I eventually became a T-56 I level mechanic and then an O-level wrench cranker. Finished up my 20 at VP-30 here in Jax and opted to just stay here. The riding weather is too nice to move anywhere else!

I didn't serve in the military, and I regret it everyday. My son is in the Air Force, and obviously we're very proud of him. Thanks to each and every one of you veterans and current Servicemen and Women...you have my utmost respect and admiration.

British army scottish infantry regiment 24 yrs 361 days
23 08 1972 - 18 08 1997 saw the world and came home

Brian

then- USAF 65-69, 'nam 67-68 Combat Medic (DongHa, DaNang, DakTo)
now- ret., LEO, PGR, Combat Vet Mtrc Assn, Old Guard Riders :D
God's speed to our MIA/POW/WIA those serving, and all who have served.

Attachments

• CVMA logo.jpg
    CVMA logo.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 7
Back