free website stats program Very Close To Walking A Bit Today (Or Remember To Reset The Odometer Stupid) | Harley Davidson Forums

Very Close To Walking A Bit Today (Or Remember To Reset The Odometer Stupid)

SoonerSoftail

Left work and headed to my favorite Friday afternoon stop on the way home. Taking off from an intersection she sputtered a bit. There were some shops with gas pumps at the far end about 500 ft away. About 20 ft away from the pump she died. I had a only gone 145 mi and I usually go 180. As I was pumping the gas I remembered that I forgot to reset the odometer last time until after I had gone a few miles. Oops!

Yeah, no petcock. I do carry a half gallon of gas in a saddle bag but it didn't come to that this time. Obviously since I carry gas this isn't the first time.

What's the matter with your fuel gauge/low fuel light?
Many, many posts can be found all over all the boards about how unreliable the mid 2000s fuel gauges were. Mine was the bottom of the barrel. I got tired of messing with it and did away with it.

Last time I ran out of gas on a bike,it was close to a station,I was on the back of my buddy's bike,we were both dead broke.But I remembered from my gas jockey days that when you put the handle back,there's still some gas in there.So we pushed it in,drained the last drops from all the pumps,and had enough to get home on.

When the pump light comes on I have 1 gallon left I start looking for a feed me stop, I hate motor hiking

Same here Jack. My guage is pretty accurate. I have a 5 gal tank and each quarter is 1 gal and empty is 1 gal. So when mine shows a a quarter tank, I have 2 gals left.

Back