free website stats program VCI does not save tuning file after reflash | Harley Davidson Forums

VCI does not save tuning file after reflash

wildchild

SEPST
After a reflash VCI does not save tuning file to it self.
After a reflash message pops up saying Reflash succesful but unable to save to VCI.

Although i can reflash the ECM and record data runs.

Software version: 4.003.00002
VCI has also been updated.

Any ideas!!!

My guess is because saving a tune file to the VCI is a recent feature that was incorporated in 2010. My VCI was purchased in 2009 and does not support that feature. As I understand it, the feature is Both a combination of hardware revision (not just firmware level) and software level.

Now if you just purchased your setup and it is the latest and greatest model, post back and let us know.

Had it for about 1 1/2 years, save to VCI on previous flashes but for some reason will not save to VCI anymore.

Not sure if updating to Software version: 4.003.00002 is the problem!

Had it for about 1 1/2 years, save to VCI on previous flashes but for some reason will not save to VCI anymore.

Interesting. Now you have me thinking that mine IS saving to the VCI and I don't even know it. I never tried removing the file from the hard drive to see if I can still retrieve it.

There was a thread a while back dealing with this topic and the outcome was it's a feature of 2010. Guess that is really not the case.

As Hoople knows, I'm new to SEPST, so might not be the expert here.

I checked my software and here is what mine says:

Version 4.003.0002 Software is a 2011 Model Year update which includes the following:
Software Information Summary:
DescriptionVersion
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner Software Version
Vehicle Communication Interface Software Version 289

I can't recall if when I reflash the ECM, it saves back to the VCI (have not reflashed in 2 or 3 weeks now), but all I recall is it saying it was sucessful.

However, if it doesn't I know what file I just flashed to the ECM and I can open it up in the software from my laptop. I do have a note pad where I save all my file versions, what was changed, when I changed them and what the latest file is in the ECM.

When you ran the update to the software, did you have to update the VCI (might do that automatically when you power it up the first time after an update, not sure).

After much frustration I finaly fixed the issue of saving to VCI.
Went back to basics and loaded the original tuning file 176AE106 and bugger me it saved back to the VCI after reflashing ECM.

Running out of ideas fast the only thing I could think of was to go back to custom tuning file and removed some text from my notes column (I added notes on changes made for future reference)on the left below the tuning constants. (maybe the VCI has limited storage capacity)
Reloaded custom tuning file after edits and it saved to VCI with no problems

Rechecked calibration saved to VCI and all was the same as I set it to.

FYI, Changes to original map after data runs but CLB was set to 700 before data run, smart tune was not selected only Reset Adaptive Fuel was selected.
- Closed Loop Bios 700
- VE's updated
- Spark Advance Front, 2500, 2750, 3000 rpm@100 MAP Reduced 2%
- Spark dvance Front, 3500 rpm@100 MAP Reduced 1%
- Spark Advance Rear Cyl, 2250, 2500, 2750, 3000 rpm@100 MAP reduced 2%
- Spark Advance Rear Cyl, 3500 rpm @100 MAP Reduced 1%
- Idle 976 rpm at 112 deg to 192 deg
- EITMS ON

No engine knock detected in all conditions.

Stock 08 fatboy with SE air cleaner and S&S slipons

When selecting Smart Tune it changes;
- CLB to 760 across the range
- AFR to 14.6 across all cells except for 2250 through 6500 RPM at 20 (kpa) they are all 12.5
- Spark advanced retarded 4% across the range.

When tuning I don't select smart tune, I don't think its the right way to tune, why change constants during a tune.
Should be tuned to what you set it to.

Grillfish,
When SEPST has been updtated pop up message suggests to update VCI. Maybe with the latest version (2011) it does it automatically.

Wild

Running out of ideas fast the only thing I could think of was to go back to custom tuning file and removed some text from my notes column (I added notes on changes made for future reference)on the left below the tuning constants. (maybe the VCI has limited storage capacity)
Reloaded custom tuning file after edits and it saved to VCI with no problems

Good info.! Tks for getting back with the fix.

Back