Vance and Hines Pipes

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by lowrider1963, Aug 18, 2010.

1. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

Just picked up my bike with the new Vance and Hines slip on pipes, what a difference! They have a nice low 'rumble' even at idle. Definitely louder than the stock pipes, people can now hear me coming, feel safer.

2. rhino

rhino Banned

I like vance and hines, best pipes for the money.

3. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Lowrider, did you have the head pipes changed?
    i put a set of rush slips on, and it is a little louder, but i need louder.

4. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

No new head pipes, just the slip ons, but with the straight pipes, it looks like they are all in one. As for the Db, on a scale of 1-10 (with 0 being a scooter and 10 obnoxious) I would give them a 7.

5. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Huh,
    with my rush slip ons it is defintely louder with a low rumble unless you get on it. It sounds better than stock, i wish it was louder.
    Mine came with a cata converter, which is keeping the noise down, so i guess i got to get new head pipes, tfi first though

6. otrdave

otrdave New Member

I've got the V&H slip ons on my FXDL, they are awesome! I smile even at stop lights, cause it sounds so cool!:)

7. pcbunn

pcbunn Member

Want loud,,,try Samson shorties!
    [​IMG]

8. Zeke2009

Zeke2009 Member

I just put some V&H shortshots staggered on my 09 street bob. They are definitely a lot louder than my stock pipes were =)

Attached Files:

9. hoop

hoop Member

Love my V & H slip on's Hoop

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Yes, V&H definitely makes quality pipes - loved the Short Shots on my 05 Sporty. Now I'm thinking about trying a set of D&D FatCats on my FLHX...could be good way to break the upcoming winter boredom.