free website stats program vacuum assisted petcock | Harley Davidson Forums

vacuum assisted petcock

bigd66

Why does my petcock to my 98 Road King spew fuel? Can I change it out with a regular type petcock (without vacuum)? If so what to do with the vacuum lines?

Why does my petcock to my 98 Road King spew fuel? Can I change it out with a regular type petcock (without vacuum)? If so what to do with the vacuum lines?

H D had some problems with those Petcocks, yes u can change it and plug the vacum hose or buy a H D replacement one your ride u decide:s

Change it to a normal one plug vacuum. It was a good idea that just did not pan out in the long run and to replace the thing is not worth the cash

Actually, I like vacuum petcocks, they prevent fuel overflow or flooding of the engine or crankcase if you have a carbureted V-Twin, as the only thing stopping the gravity fed fuel is the needle/seat float assembly. Let a bit of debris get in the seat and you got problems if you forget to religiously remember to shut the petcock OFF.

Pingel makes a combo one that has an easier reach lever and is available with vacuum diaphram as well if you are jaded about the stock HD one. I would be more afraid of wearing out the petcock in-nerds on the stocker if I had only the manual mode. :newsmile025:

Got a pingle on the Fatboy go with one of those yeah ya got to remember to turn it off but its not that big of a deal

Back