V&H Short shots

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by JKT1969, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JKT1969

JKT1969 Active Member

Does anyone have these? I am looking at getting this for my wife's 883 Low. Since they aren't slip ons are the hard to install...and are they very loud? I know loud is subjective, but she doesn't want anything obnoxious, just something that sounds like a Harley should.

Thanks for the info...

2. Kirwajo

Kirwajo Member

Hi All was looking at adding some pipes myself am looking for some nice loud ones either slip on or the full deal the only prob is that I live in Ireland and stuff here is so costly any advice would be great its for a sportster 06 883:cheers

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Guernsey hd disappeared sometime in January think they went bust
    twice in July and august i tried to order hd slip ons from Jersey hd using the hd part number site said it was a valid part number and took the money first time i got an email telling me parts no longer available second time different units valid part number no email just money re credited to my account
    try V-Twin Mania - Genuine Harley Davidson parts and accessories, Kuryakyn, Vance Hines, Custom Chrome, Zodiac and many more...
    they are based in edinburgh if i order from them i have it in 2 days if its a stock item if he hasnt got it usually he can get it

Brian

4. Safehaven

Safehaven Active Member

I have to aggree with Hobbit,

I've driven my street bob with both stock exhausts and the V&H Short shots and the change is pretty big. These pipes are seriously loud.. I've had the Quiet baffles installed about a month after the change. These will subdue the "crackling" drag pipe sound out a bit, and fit my taste of what a harley should sound like better than the open pipes. Helps the performance as well.

Maybe you could go to a dealer in your neighborhood and ask for a demo :)

Take care,

5. barnak

barnak Member

Just install them on my wife 883N, easy to install and yes, they are loud, but this is what it's all about.:bigsmiley24:

6. 09 FXSTC

09 FXSTC Member

Wife and I just picked up a "NEW" 08 Nightster leftover for her. Looking to do something in the way of slip ons or complete system myself. Not sure I'd go with short shots. I have short shots on my 09 Softail Custom. They are loud! But that is not my problem, at times they sound raspy and cheap. I wonder if that is what Safehaven is reffering to as crackling? Wonder if I should change out the stock baffles with the quite baffles?:cheers

7. Hilts

Hilts Member

I'd agree with that! Just put V&H shorts on my Nightster with quiet baffles and I think it's a good compromise! Come the spring I hope the neighbours do too! :s