free website stats program V&H Short shots | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Short shots

JKT1969

Does anyone have these? I am looking at getting this for my wife's 883 Low. Since they aren't slip ons are the hard to install...and are they very loud? I know loud is subjective, but she doesn't want anything obnoxious, just something that sounds like a Harley should.

Thanks for the info...

Hi All was looking at adding some pipes myself am looking for some nice loud ones either slip on or the full deal the only prob is that I live in Ireland and stuff here is so costly any advice would be great its for a sportster 06 883:cheers

Try jersey/guernsey hd they do stuff vat free :) or eBay for slipon mufflers, either v&h for both or check out shipping from US for some of the other stuff -zanottis, real hog, J&P
Posted via Mobile Device

Guernsey hd disappeared sometime in January think they went bust
twice in July and august i tried to order hd slip ons from Jersey hd using the hd part number site said it was a valid part number and took the money first time i got an email telling me parts no longer available second time different units valid part number no email just money re credited to my account
try V-Twin Mania - Genuine Harley Davidson parts and accessories, Kuryakyn, Vance Hines, Custom Chrome, Zodiac and many more...
they are based in edinburgh if i order from them i have it in 2 days if its a stock item if he hasnt got it usually he can get it

Brian

I have to aggree with Hobbit,

I've driven my street bob with both stock exhausts and the V&H Short shots and the change is pretty big. These pipes are seriously loud.. I've had the Quiet baffles installed about a month after the change. These will subdue the "crackling" drag pipe sound out a bit, and fit my taste of what a harley should sound like better than the open pipes. Helps the performance as well.

Maybe you could go to a dealer in your neighborhood and ask for a demo :)

Take care,

Just install them on my wife 883N, easy to install and yes, they are loud, but this is what it's all about.:bigsmiley24:

Wife and I just picked up a "NEW" 08 Nightster leftover for her. Looking to do something in the way of slip ons or complete system myself. Not sure I'd go with short shots. I have short shots on my 09 Softail Custom. They are loud! But that is not my problem, at times they sound raspy and cheap. I wonder if that is what Safehaven is reffering to as crackling? Wonder if I should change out the stock baffles with the quite baffles?:cheers

the quiet baffle just knocks the rasp off the pipe makes them a bit more mellow

I'd agree with that! Just put V&H shorts on my Nightster with quiet baffles and I think it's a good compromise! Come the spring I hope the neighbours do too! :s

Back