free website stats program V&H Fuel Pack, SE A/C, and ??? help.... | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuel Pack, SE A/C, and ??? help....

Johny5

You have all been very helpful in everything I have asked but I have not been able to find a thread that addresses baffel removal on stock pipes with a fuel pack and a/c. Is this a good idea? I have a fuel pack and a/c coming in tomorrow. Really don't want to drop the extra cash on pipes right now and would like to know if anyone has drilled out the stock pipes and ran this type of setup.

Please let me know of any issues / concerns I should have. I'm on an '08 NightTrain that is otherwise stock. I'm not looking for an extra bump in HP; though it would be nice, just want a louder sound. I'm on the highway a lot and would like to be heard before I'm seen. Is there a recommended setting on the fuel pack for this?

Sorry for the lengthy post and thank you in advance for your input!

J5

Don't remove the baffles,they are needed for the necessary back pressure to run right. It doesn't have a good sound anyway , only louder.

You man need those stock mufflers when the EPA police come around too.

That is what I was afraid of. What about perforating the baffel? Is it possible to create a hole large enough to improve the sound without affecting backpressure to the extent driveability is impacted?

Also, what about silp-ons. Specifically Cycle Shack; will these function OK with the fuel pack? I can get these economically and have read decent reviews. How does the FP program? Does it have general settings or are they pipe specific.

Thanks Glider! Always providing solid feedback.

That is what I was afraid of. What about perforating the baffel? Is it possible to create a hole large enough to improve the sound without affecting backpressure to the extent driveability is impacted?

Also, what about silp-ons. Specifically Cycle Shack; will these function OK with the fuel pack? I can get these economically and have read decent reviews. How does the FP program? Does it have general settings or are they pipe specific.

Thanks Glider! Always providing solid feedback.

I would leave the stockers alone. What you get with perforating the baffles is on a sliding scale. The more you do it the more you loose. The cycle shacks are about the same as the old SE mufflers, a good choice.
The fuel pack has programs for most setups but not all. I would go with the TFI, no programs and very user friendly and will accomplish about the same as the fuel pack.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

The pack and a/c is already on it's way.... got a steal of a deal and planned on buying some staggered shorts before the wife stepped in. I'm sure you know what happens when mama isn't happy!! She wants a new house, I want Harley accessories....

It sounds like I best wait :( In your experience, is it OK to put the pack and a/c on with stockers?

Save the box and packaging on the Fuelpak. I bought a Fuelpak 6 weeks ago and just switched it out. Seems like it works well for some, mediocre for me, and bad for others. You may be selling it in a coupe months if yours behaves like mine did. It will sell for more on Ebay if you sell it as "slightly" used in original box.

Back