free website stats program V&H Dresser Duals + Blackout Rounds 09 RG | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Dresser Duals + Blackout Rounds 09 RG

Grillfish

I started to change things up a little on the 09 RG. I won a set of brand new V&H Dresser Duals black for $140 from a HD dealer who had them for sale and then went with the new V&H Blackout Rounds. V&H says they are louder than the Monster series mufflers, so we will see.

On Wednesday the duals were delivered by UPS and some pics below. I'll post an update once I get the Blackoust later today and install them. Will then go out for a ride and see if the TFI needs adjusted this weekend.

Install of the duals was not bad, just took my time. Between the manual and the instructions, my V&H basic slip-ons I was using came off easy, head pipe came off, and took a little bit to get the stock exhaust gaskets out, but a little pick helped.

The dual install was straight forward.

Pics...

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

Ride safe and have fun.

Looks just like they belonged there the whole time !! Nice match with the scoot. Great looking set-up hoss!! :a

Thanks for the comments. The pipes came in today. V&H Blackout Rounds 4". Since I had the duals on from Wednesday, this was a pretty easy install.

Installed the pipes, tightened down everything, triple check all the nuts/bolts, etc...

I start the bike up and sounds good. Little smokey from the oil of the baffles that V&H installed, but sounds good. Let the bike warm up, grab my helmet, glasses and go for a short ride.

Of course I'm leary of any little noise, any leaks, anything loose.... So far nothing, just an amazing deep rumble, hard to explain as I never had duals before. It's nice to hear sound out the left side pipe :)

Clruising, low rumble, less noisy then my V&H basic slipons. Now, when you give the throttle a twist, WOW.. sounds like a V8 in stero. So far I'm happy.

About the TFI, it idles very smooth about 1-1100. I'm going ot need to do some roll ons, etc... and see what the Yellow/Red pots do. I'm not going to change anything until I can go for a longer ride this weekend, maybe even tomrrow.

Enjoy the picks and have a happy New Year. Be safe out there.

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

That black exhaust looks like it was meant to be - awesome deal & bet it sounds as good as it looks too. Great job Grillfish!

Looks great! I've been thinking of these pipes and setup as well.....along with a bunch of other setups lol....everytime I think I see something I like I see something different and start to lean that way.....I believe you can get the quiet baffles for these slip ons? I love the look but not sure if these would be too loud....my ears ring enough as it is so I'm looking for deep rumble and not really an agressive tone...any chance of a sound clip?

Well, I got the SESPT w/ Smart Tune and did 2 recordings and ran Smart Tune and reflashed. I was so nervous about reflashing, etc.., but being able to see all this data about your bike when you do the recordings and then updating the new map, it's amazing. I've learned so much about Harley EFIs in the past few days. I still need to do more recordings in the city and then will do some on the highway. Some decel pop around 2K when throttle is off, so I'll work on that.

NHRoadKing: I like the mufflers, deep sound at cruise and then very loud when you twist the throttle. I'm thinking the duals I put on as well, impact the sound. Yes they have a quiet baffle (reduces down 2-3 dbls), but I think I like it where it's at. Did a 200 mile run on Saturday and no issues for me or the wife, but she did mention it was louder for her on the back.

Back