free website stats program Upgrade advice needed 2010 RKC | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade advice needed 2010 RKC

KurtF

New member and just was looking for some help. Currently running RH slipons SEAC and SEPRT on my ride. Does have the stock headpipe which i'm thinking has to go. Currently considering V&H Dresser duals or power duals w. a cam upgrade more than likely the SE255. I'm not looking for a whole lot of top end HP. I ride a lot of 2 up and am a daily commuter 80 mile round trip on great country roads. My questions: Which header will provide the best sound and torque combo(I like it loud and am keepin my RH's)? Will the 255 compensate for the low end torque give up of the true dual? Thanks for any help!

I have the Power Duals with Hi Output slip on's. Nice low rumble, but not overly loud. If you like 'em real loud might want to stay away from the Power Duals. As far as performanace, I'm real happy with these, the high flow ac and PCV.

Thanks for the info. Still wondering how well the 255 and the dresser duals would work together.

No experience with the 255 cam, however I do have the Dresser Duals. If your looking to keep tq up, Power Duals is the way to go. I can tell there is a slight dip, not by mutch, but I can feel it by the seat of the pants around 2500-3000 as compared to my stock non-cat header.

Now I'm still fine tuning my SEPST and overtime, by building my knowledge and by fine tuning the range I felt the slight drop, it will not be an issue.

Absolutly love the duals sound and no more heat at all on the right side, even with lowers. Now it is very loud with my 4" V&H Blackout Rounds. V&H recomended Monster series muffler with chambered baffles w/ duals.

Good luck on your build.

New member and just was looking for some help. Currently running RH slipons SEAC and SEPRT on my ride. Does have the stock headpipe which i'm thinking has to go. Currently considering V&H Dresser duals or power duals w. a cam upgrade more than likely the SE255. I'm not looking for a whole lot of top end HP. I ride a lot of 2 up and am a daily commuter 80 mile round trip on great country roads. My questions: Which header will provide the best sound and torque combo(I like it loud and am keepin my RH's)? Will the 255 compensate for the low end torque give up of the true dual? Thanks for any help!

Go with the V&H powerduals with the rinehart mufflers you have. Hands down that system has made the best numbers on the dyno ive ever seen out of any touring dual exhaust. Ive installed them on everything from stage 1 bikes to full out 120ci race motors.

Thanks for the info. Still wondering how well the 255 and the dresser duals would work together.

Again ive installed both systems and with 255 cams. Torque tends to go a bit flat with the dresserduals vs the powerduals. If you install the powerduals your self , take extra care when installing the x-pipe heat shield, as it will scratch the heatshields of the surounding pipes if not careful. Use lots of painters tape.

Thanks so much for the info. I think I'm sold on the power duals. Any idea what kind of numbers I may see with the cam upgrade and power duals? Will the sound be a little louder over the stock header. Don't need ear poppin just a bit more noise to let 'em know i'm there.

Back