free website stats program Understanding O2 sensors | Harley Davidson Forums

Understanding O2 sensors

This is a nice sticky and seems a good place to ask my question I've been wondering about because I wanted to do some work and then autotune. My 06 doesn't have O2 sensors but I don't see how one can auto tune without them. I've thought a few times about adding the sensors into the bike and wiring them to the ECM (easy process) but wonder if it's really necessary since it seems they get disconnected on newer bikes after a dyno tune anyway. So is it worth it to install O2 sensors on a performance build?

This is a nice sticky and seems a good place to ask my question I've been wondering about because I wanted to do some work and then autotune. My 06 doesn't have O2 sensors but I don't see how one can auto tune without them. I've thought a few times about adding the sensors into the bike and wiring them to the ECM (easy process) but wonder if it's really necessary since it seems they get disconnected on newer bikes after a dyno tune anyway. So is it worth it to install O2 sensors on a performance build?

IMO if you have the software you can see what your AFR is, the O2 would not be a plus @ this time JMO

IMO if you have the software you can see what your AFR is, the O2 would not be a plus @ this time JMO

I don't have the cables for the TTS but I never saw it on my PCIII either. How does one see the AFR without the O2 sensors? Is there a measurement happening somewhere else? Obviously if I take it to a tuner, they will stick their probes up the exhaust or attach to my bungs on my pipes to read it so I don't need to ever worry. But, I'm thinking of autotuning after I do my next set of engine mods and thought you needed O2 sensors for that.
I really just want proof on my bike that the autotune sucked and then they dyno tuner made it right after. I've seen the charts that prove it but sometimes I get bored.

Back