free website stats program ultraglide 04 wont start | Harley Davidson Forums

ultraglide 04 wont start

mizzie46

l im from bendigo victoria australia, just bought my first harley an 04 ultraglide classic. picked her up in sydney on sat and rode 800plus kms, keep in mind my last bike was a 49cc jog.. any way it was love at first flick of the starter. It was an incredable ride home i was feeling like one of the blokes off wild hogAny way got her home, a quick tub later then the problems startedShe wouldnt crank over,about 10 mins later with the alarm constantly going off she fired, i crept home.. i dried out all the things that i thought possibley might have moisture, she then started took a quick ride then wouldnt start again, had a few more starts now wont crank over..had her at the local bike shop, they run a full cheack over sprayed all the connections, but couldnt get any further, my gut feeling is the security system any pointers to mend my broken heart would be appreciated..:newsmile08:

ps the bike shop is bring it home to park in my shed till i can get the hd service 120 kms away to have a look in 3 loooooooooooooong weeks

kindest regards to all,
looking forward to exploring this forum some more
:newsmile08:

As Glider indicated above, check for codes. Unless you get something specific that clearly is the problem, start with the basics. Remove and clean BOTH mating surfaces of BOTH ends of BOTH battery cables disconnecting the negative first and reconnecting the negative last. Pull the battery out and take it to an auto parts store or garage and have it load tested.

See if that helps. Regardless of what happens, get a battery TENDER (not charger!) and keep the tender connected at the house anytime the bike is not running.

TQ

Last edited:
WELCOME Mizzie46 from south bend indiana,, the 2 previous posts have it covered Good luck........

thanks all i will give it a go its 5.30 am so might leave it for a bit

hi all well some thing amazing happened, i took all your great advice, cleaned the leads, charged the battery, by passed the security system, and she started, boy was i stoked, thanks heaps every one for the help, cheers mizzie46

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad she's running now for you. One last thing to look at if it even applies. You have a security system on the bike, do you have one of those FOBs things with the little battery in it. If so, replace that battery no matter how new it might be. Strange things happen when the FOB and system are not talking to each other very well.

Back