free website stats program Ultima Plus Complete Wiring Harness advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultima Plus Complete Wiring Harness advice

Hello, I'm rewiring my 99 Fatboy Custom. The existing wiring harness is a spliced up nightmare. So I decided to do a complete re-wire. Has anyone used this harness? The harness has a control box that has relays in it as well as flasher control. The accompanying wiring diagram is pretty straightforward looking, but does NOT indicate if circuit breakers or fuses are to be spliced in. This is my first time doing a re-wire. The existing harness has three circuit breakers. Should I splice in circuit breakers also, or are they needed with this kit? Also, I have a Screaming Eagle ignition box (dual fire modual in the cone) Is this kit compatable with the screamin eagle ignition? Thanks for any advice/help.

I looked at the Ultima wiring kit #18-530 if that is the one you're talking about. It appears to have build in protection and diagnostics in the unit. How ever you could wire your own circuit breakers or fuses into the system anyway. There are usually 3 circuit breakers--1 for main power(30 amp),1 for Ign. & 1 for lighting, 15 amp each. Good luck with it.
tourbox

Does anybody know if the ultima plus wiring harness is compatible with the screaming eagle ignition. I have the S.E. ignition box and stock sensor in the nose cone.

Back