Uggh!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by alto, Oct 29, 2011.

1. alto

alto Active Member

6" to 12" of snow predicted for Northwest , CT. today/tonight. Can't believe my riding season comes to an end so soon. I can't use the words I want to use.

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Saw the weather forecast last night on national news - don't think anyone in NE USA was humming "I'm Dreaming of a White Halloween" this year. Maybe it will be short lived & you'll get a few more miles in this season.

3. Gas Gauge

Gas Gauge Junior Member

At least it will look and feel like Christmas, I know that's a very small consolation (if any at all), but I just miss that look at Christmas time.

I think your title says it all, should be a couple more rides left after this first snow melts, otherwise I hope you make it through the winter with minimal blues, perhaps this site will help (in some small way).

4. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

Ya but the snow will make for some real good deer hunting.:D

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Snow? Another 4 letter word that should be BANNED :D You all enjoy the mods you will do with your winter lay ups, I remember how it was in Mn when I saw the first snow fall, Pretty but after that I was over it:s

6. speedyron

speedyron Active Member

who said the nasty s word?:bigsmiley6: where are the moderaters they should bepolicing this thread

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Got about 3" so far here in NY:( Not going to last long, the ground is too warm.

8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

We had a wee bit about 10 days ago but ground far to warm for it to stay around however salt was spread on the roads and salt is never good for my bike

Brian

9. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

We're hoping the last of the tropical stuff is done for the year. It FINALLY stop rain this morning. Bright, sunny and 83, but with 90% humidity. But I'm wish it was bright sunny and 65. It's almost November and it still hasn't cooled off!

10. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

The s--w isn't the problem it's all the salt they throw on it! Hate tearing the bike apart to clean, but I will just to keep riding as long as I can.