free website stats program twist grip sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

twist grip sensor

hotrodjohn

Is there any reason not to remove the six wires from the fly by wire sensor and run them in the same wire protectors as the hand controls?
WAP.gif

How would harness reenter the handlebar with out putting the connector on a bind, and I would wonder about the length of harness. Usally computer controlled devices have set voltages that they need to run at and is it possible that changing harness to outside bar mighht change voltage.....

All inside bars.

I was having trouble getting the control wires in one wire wrap and the throttle in another. I got them all in one wirecare wrap and thru the bars pretty easily. I am just curious if that will present any problems. "Noise" from the other wires perhaps? I know that the tgs is a sensitive device. I had to also remove the yellow and black wrap that came on the tgs 32310-08. A little tight going thru the " mitered"bars.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got all thirty two wires thru the bars. The six TGS wires are inside the same wrap that the other twelve wires that are on the throttle side. I don't have all the lights and the radio in yet but I fired her up tonight and the throttle seems to work fine although I have not riddin it yet. Do I need to reset the throttle since it is a new sensor?? Here are a few pics. The first one you can see the throttle and others in the same loom, the second is a shot of them coming out of the bars. I sure hope there are no problems with the throttle:14: I think I would rather have a root canal that take those wires out of the bars again

Attachments

• IMAG0331.jpg
    IMAG0331.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 43
Well all seems good. It was about 38 yesterday when I got the bike back together. I have the new bars I made installed and the painted inner fairing mounted. Sure looks nice. The wires inside the bars were a pain but the clean look was worth it. The 1 and 1/4" bars look so much nicer than the stockers. The 2 and 1/2" longer length in the bars is real nice. I don't feel like I am reaching anymore and the added height reminds me of my roadking that I had put risers on. So I hopped on the old girl and headed out in the nice cool weather. Boy that was a blast. I went about 5 miles and tried everything. All seemed to work properly. The throttle worked fine, even had her up to 85 or 90:D

Congratulations on a job well done......:s
You will have more smiles per miles now..

Back