free website stats program Twin-Cam CKP Sensor Type? | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin-Cam CKP Sensor Type?

RibEye

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what type of CKP sensor is used on the Twin-Cam engines (Hall Effect, Variable Reluctance, etc.)? Since it appears to be quite magnetic (attractive to metalic fuzz), I am guessing it is a variable reluctance type, but this only a guess, since the sensor has 3 leads, that leads me toward the Hall effect sensor. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks,
Rich P

The crank sensor on my 2009 is a 2 wire variable reluctance. Don't count the shield as a lead. It is a stand alone sensor and does not need external power.

Attachments

• Delphi_sensor.pdf
    185 KB · Views: 19
Question, answer, done deal.

Sounds good to me, but it all went right over my head. I must have had a variable reluctance to listening more carefully when I was in class. Just kidding no need to reply, probably would not understand if you did.

Question, answer, done deal.

Sounds good to me, but it all went right over my head. I must have had a variable reluctance to listening more carefully when I was in class. Just kidding no need to reply, probably would not understand if you did.

Don't bet on it. Hoople can break it down so I can understand it, and if I can get it that means a 5th grader can get it. Hoople is great at helping all of us.

Hoop is by far the best at explaining things so anybody can understand it.:s

Boss you have the same ability. I have been able to understand many things once you break it down. The rest of the Mods are just as good and we are all fortunate that you guys are so patient. Just a little thank you.

Any time Don, glad to help out.

Collectively we have most things covered here and that's the way it should be.:D

Back