free website stats program twin cam 88b | Harley Davidson Forums

twin cam 88b

HOLY DIVER

this is my first 88b motor,very nice no where near the vibration of the A motor,but it does have just a little vibration is that normal or is the B motor supposed to run %100 vibration free?like i said its just a little i'd say %90 less vibration than the A motor i'm used too.just wondering

The B motor is Harleys answer to not making the softail a rubber mount, albeit a better system than the older solid mounts you can expect some vibration. Haven ridden both models i say the B is superior to the A JMO

I would say that the little vibration you feel is normal. It would in also be linked to any engine upgrades such as cam and compression increases. I have a 88B with those upgrades and have very slight vibration. I would say that you have nothing to worry about. but thats just me.

I still think the touring engine is nicer to ride with. It wants to jump out of the bike at idle but at freeway speeds it is very pleasant.
My Softail has a vibration at freeway speeds that makes the mirrors basically useless.....

Take care,
Dave

All those extra parts in the B motor make me nervous. Never heard of a failure though. :s

as far i know the 88b motor will go just as many miles as the A motor as long as it is not over revved every time you ride it,i've never hit the rev limiter on a harley so no worries there:D burn outs etc...not my style

I'm hoping the B motor will go as long as the

I"m hoping the B motor will go as far as the A will. I have heard of a B going 180,000 before having trouble. The way I ride I'm hoping for 200,000. We'll see what fate brings me.

I'm hoping the B motor will go as long as the

I"m hoping the B motor will go as far as the A will. I have heard of a B going 180,000 before having trouble. The way I ride I'm hoping for 200,000. We'll see what fate brings me.
how many miles you logged so far?man i wish i had enough time to put that many miles on my bike,with that said if i only get 80,000 out of my engine and have to rebuild it i won't be upset :D thats a lot of miles on a bike

Back