free website stats program Tweeter selection | Harley Davidson Forums

Tweeter selection

hotrodjohn

I have the 160 watt amp and 4 speakers from Hogtunes as well as the 140 watt amp and the woofers in the lowers. I want to add tweeters in the fairing but I don't want the hogtunes pod that is on top of the fairing. I have found a couple made by Polk audio that are made for boats. They are about one inch in diameter. I thought I had seen someone on the board here that had luck with those. Any suggestions?
WAP.gif

Curious to know why you would not want to go with Hogtunes? I have the full Hogtunes setup and am happy with it.

Curious to know why you would not want to go with Hogtunes? I have the full Hogtunes setup and am happy with it.

The Hogtunes tweeter pod sounds great but it does use up valuable "real estate" on top of the inner fairing against the wind screen where most folks have some type of pouches. The Hogtunes website mentions a windshield bag they sell that works with their tweeter pod but I don't have it and haven't seen it yet.

I have Arc Audio tweeters that were mounted right into the fairing. Arc Audio works very close with Harley and they are covered by Harley's warranty. I live in California so I don"t know how extended Arc Audio is, but I have upgraded Fairing speakers, lower fairing speakers, Tweeters and an amp....all Arc Audio and it sounds great, even at 80+

I painted my inner and don't have more paint. If I didn't have to buy more paint I would go with the tweeter pod. I was looking at the tweeters that replace 2 gauges
WAP.gif

The Arc Audio tweeters can be mounted in place of the gauges. I did not do it because I did not want to lose my oil pressure gauge. The air temp gauge is worthless, but I wanted to keep the oil pressure gauge. Just a thought....

The Arc Audio tweeters can be mounted in place of the gauges. I did not do it because I did not want to lose my oil pressure gauge. The air temp gauge is worthless, but I wanted to keep the oil pressure gauge. Just a thought....

I would loose the air temp and volt if I went that way, I would like to find a small digital led volt gauge that I could incorporate into the fairing

Back