free website stats program Turn signals | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn signals

I have a 1991 Fatboy and the other day my right turn signal quit still have the left and the four ways and the right turn signal comes on but wont blink, bulbs are good. Any idea where one should start to find the problem.?

Yes there is an after market one on the bike that was there when i bought it. And yesterday I cleaned the ground for it and got the left signal to work but not the right.

Disconnect it completely and just plug in the stock plugs as they were originally and see if both signals work as they should.

Disconnect it completely and just plug in the stock plugs as they were originally and see if both signals work as they should.
I want to think you for your help, I checked the wire conection to the run/turn/brake and when i moved the wires with my hand the turn signals started working so I checked the conection where they used wire clips to hook the wires together and removed the old clips and installed and installed new clips and all is fine. I am thinking corrosion got into the clips so I used Electrical grease when putting it back together so I wont have this problem again.
Can I ask another question on here.? My trip meter quit working so I checked the knob to see if it round out and it didn't so I am thinking it is broke inside,
I am pretty good at working on those type of things So do you think that it could be fixed or do I throw it away and buy a new speedomiter.?

Back