free website stats program Tuner for Softails | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuner for Softails

Electra

What is the best tuner for my bike, I would like to be able to hook up a tuner to my bike, and to a computer in the Garage and see what's going on and review how it's running? It needs to be easy to install, user friendly, allows more tuning options, and saves the stock map. I’m only going to install a Kuryakyn Pro-R Hypercharger Air Cleaner Kit and Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust System on a HD 2007 Softail Deluxe.

Welcome to HDT...There are several options here. The Power Commander is one choice which will allow what you are asking. Also there is the TFI from Dobeck Industries, which I am currently using, and very happy with. It does not require a computer and allows tuning simularly to a carburated engine. It has 4-adjustments. Check it out on the help-section on our tool bar. I've had both tuners, one on a Sportster & the TFI on the Heritage now. My personal favorite is the TFI. :D

Ability to be hooked to a laptop computer,,, Ability to review streaming Data,,, Be user friendly,,, Allows tuning options,,, Saves stock factory Map.

That's a tall order. You may have to settle for 3 of those 5. TFI is a Great choice.

I have the PCV and love it but did not find out about the TFI unit until after I purchased the PCV. I think it (PCV) will allow for more tuning options and I am one who likes to tinker with it but for ease of use and cost it sounds like the TFI has the edge there.

Lots of other great options also but you will have the support of Dobeck here on the forum if you go with the TFI unit.

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

I'd have to agree on the TFI Or others by Dobecks..

I have my 09 FLHR running so good right now it Scares me.

I had it tuned right where the Dobeck Co. Suggested the starting out settings. Then tuned the #1 pot @2000 RPM for Cream of the crop run-ability.... WOW

The full stage one was enhanced later by the addition of SE255 cams (future 103"). Could feel it ran a little Rich, so resetting pot #1 at 2000 RPM proved it needed to be turned down a tad bit.

Now back to the Smooooooth bike as before..

Sure like the Idea, I can Tune it to MY specks (feel)...

Very Happy with TFI.....

signed....BUBBIE

Chech out Thunder Max. You can program a map on the laptop then down load to bike etc, biggest problem I had was comport to usb conection, it must be user frendly because I did it. Expensive.

Thanks for all your response, I’m thinking of installing the FI-1250ST GEN II TFI Fuel Injection Module -Plug and Play. My research on EFI tuners tells me that the FI-1250ST is going to be the closes option as to what I’m looking for with out breaking into my pig bank, especially if I’m buying one my wife’s bike also.

What is the best tuner for my bike, I would like to be able to hook up a tuner to my bike, and to a computer in the Garage and see what's going on and review how it's running? It needs to be easy to install, user friendly, allows more tuning options, and saves the stock map. I’m only going to install a Kuryakyn Pro-R Hypercharger Air Cleaner Kit and Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust System on a HD 2007 Softail Deluxe.

The only tuner I know of that can do all of that and more is the MasterTune TTS.

Taken from the MasterTune website.

MasterTune-HD is a Windows-based ECM reprogramming tool specifically for use with 2001 and later Delphi-equipped Harley-Davidson® motorcycles that utilize the diagnostic interface. MasterTune-HD also supports 2005 and later Retrofit ECM Service Modules when installed on earlier vehicles.

MasterTune-HD includes the following key features:

* Save and restore the original factory calibration
* Optional multi-vehicle interface
* Allows changing of factory speedometer calibration
* Preset limits to prevent adjusting values beyond reasonable settings
* Stores original and the last table saved edits so tuner can return to previous configuration
* Comparison functions quickly identify changed regions in tables

* Adjustment of front and rear cylinder spark advance
* Adjustment of front and rear cylinder volumetric efficiency
* Allows changing factory RPM limit
* Adjust for different fuel injector flow rates
* 2-D and 3-D graphing of tables to help visualize tuning maps
* Ability to print table graphs and table values

They are not cheap but they are good.
You can find more info about them here.
TTS - Data Master Tuning System

HTH,
Randall