free website stats program True Dual Kit Part 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

True Dual Kit Part 1

Bud White

Retired Moderators
Why part one ? Because the parts ain't here yet supposed to ship today ..

Ok i searched and read and read and read some more and decided i wanted Vance and hines True Duals but was worried about bottom end.

Well i came across a Kit that turns the exhaust into a true duals and from a dyno run i saw and forgot to copy where it didn't lose any bottom end show 1 more footpound of torque over stock .. im not worried about gain just loss.

So i decided to try this out Basiclly it replaces the rear header and H Pipe.. so it moves the pipes away from you so you lose heat also .. the front pipe stays the same and you get a extension and new header for rear Cylinder..
pics on the kit when it comes in ..

Here is how ya take her down ..

Always Remember to remove youre fuse yada yada.. though i didnt i wanted to listen to the radio on it :)

Heres a Pic of my helper..

100_0119-1.jpg

Ok Lets Start with the Saddle Bag

100_0146-1.jpg

Once its out of the way then ya can get to the Slipons Loosen the Clamps at the header pipe and slip on and loosed the shields

100_0149-1.jpg

After that remove the bolts from the rear mount and prepare for a lot of wiggling

100_0150-1.jpg

once the muffler is removed loosen the heat shield on the top side of the H-Pipe

100_0153-1.jpg

Who says they dont run hot . I had xieds on this before it had 200 miles Guess she was still a tad bit lean and hot .
100_0148-1.jpg

100_0155.jpg

Next loosen the mount and pipe clamp above the Trans

100_0163-1.jpg

Remove this heat shield so as to gain room at the studs that hold the pipe to the cylinder

100_0164.jpg

Huh little blue and hot again

Now to the other side

100_0166.jpg

loosen the clamp and then the mount bolts

100_0169.jpg

Then some more wiggling to remove the slip on then ya get this

100_0170.jpg

Next remove this heat shield and stat a wiggling a whole lot of it your gonna get a work out for sure on these next few

100_0171.jpg

100_0172.jpg

Then back to the other side and remove the flange nuts and pop the flange loose from the cylinder head

100_0173.jpg

100_0174.jpg

Plug the hole so no little critters can get in

100_0176.jpg

One H-pipe

100_0175.jpg

time to get this far hour and a half or so .. and lots of wiggling a whole lot of that and pulling.

I was going to put the Mid frame heat shields on i got for Christmas but after seeing how much they would block thats for another day..

Hopefully Next weekend will be part 2 and finish on that one.

I almost bought this type of kit for my last bike. Curious to see how it does for you.

Me to want to see if it works as well as some say i didn't find any negative posts on 3 forums about it all plus.. the pipes that come in the kit are ceramic coated so that should help some with heat to

Ok Parts are in ill try to get a pic next few days.. but to cold to work on it even heating up garage i am starting with temp of -5 to 5 depending on day

Back