free website stats program TruckLites phase 7 LED lights | Harley Davidson Forums

TruckLites phase 7 LED lights

VicB

Banned
I've been looking at buying TruckLites phase 7 LED headlight & passing lights for my 2013 Heritage softail FLSTC as they're half price of H-D daymakers. Unfortunately I've just found out according to Eastern Performance cycles website the TruckLites will not work correctly with 2013 softail models.

Anyone know the reason why the trucklites won't work correctly with 2013 softails? is it because of the canbus? Can they be made to work? Has anyone here run the trucklites on a 2013 softail?

How come according to the Harley Davidson website, their Daymaker part #73391-10A works on 2013 softail models. What's the difference in these and the TruckLites?.. They're both LED.

Problem is, even if I wanted to I can't buy the HD daymakers in the UK (dealers don't sell them here) and I've yet to find an H-D dealership in the States who will ship them out of USA. Anyone know of a US HD dealer who ships to UK. ??

Vic

Problem is, even if I wanted to I can't buy the HD daymakers in the UK (dealers don't sell them here) and I've yet to find an H-D dealership in the States who will ship them out of USA. Anyone know of a US HD dealer who ships to UK. ??
Vic

Have you check with the vehicle code in your area. Might that be the reason UK does not sell them for they are not legal?????? And I would bet if you found a dealer that would ship to you, the shipping cost would be outragous....

Many things here in UK are not strictly legal but it doesn't stop people fitting them.. loud pipes such as vance & hines, small registration/licence plates, running lights, LED bulbs, HID lights, etc ;-)

When I phoned a local HD dealer they said they can't supply or fit daymakers for me but I can import and fit them myself, some sort of loophole in the law.

TruckLites will ship to UK for $50, so I assumed cost would be similar for shipping of daymakers.

You may find that it an hd requirement that dealers do not ship parts to other countries so that dealer monopoly in the country is maintained and therefore hd can maximise its profits due to uneven pricing as prices in the US are about half the UK price

Brian

You're right there Brian.
I tried to get my CKP sensor from the USA for about $30 but they would not ship to the UK so I had to pay over £60 here for it.

As i do not have an HD dealer in my part of the country i have to get my parts on line so i use a vat free dealer and save the 20% vat

Brian

Jersey by any chance Brian? (are we allowed to say where?)
That's where I get my parts now.
Tom

Jersey by any chance Brian? (are we allowed to say where?)
That's where I get my parts now.
Tom

Yes that is where i get my dealer stuff i used another one that closed at the beginning of the recession and it had a bit better pricing and before i had my own parts list i could call them and they would open their parts list for my bike and get the correct part number they were really good

Brian

I've been looking at buying TruckLites phase 7 LED headlight & passing lights for my 2013 Heritage softail FLSTC as they're half price of H-D daymakers. Unfortunately I've just found out according to Eastern Performance cycles website the TruckLites will not work correctly with 2013 softail models.

Anyone know the reason why the trucklites won't work correctly with 2013 softails? is it because of the canbus? Can they be made to work? Has anyone here run the trucklites on a 2013 softail?

How come according to the Harley Davidson website, their Daymaker part #73391-10A works on 2013 softail models. What's the difference in these and the TruckLites?.. They're both LED.

Vic

I believe Eastern Performance cycles website shows the TruckLite passing lamps only. I have the TruckLite Headlamp and passing lamps on my 2007 FLSTC and my buddy has the exact same product on his 2013 FLTRU working just fine. I suggest you give Eastern Performance Cycles or any supplier a call or an email to confirm fitment. There is no reason I know of that fitment (working correctly) would be an issue on your 2013 FLSTC.

@Brian and Tom: I already tried Jersey HD, they show the daymaker LED lights in their parts list, but they don't supply them.

Back