free website stats program Triple issue? | Harley Davidson Forums

Triple issue?

Jaguar F822

Hi All,

Just drove home from work, and noticed my check engine light coming on, as well as the voltage gauge dropping to around 10 V :15:.

When coming to a stop at a light the idle rpm's wouldn't drop below 1400....

All symptoms remained for the duration of the ride.

Haven't had time to look at it yet, but figure to post here first to see if anybody else had this happen before.

As it looks it isn't charging, I guess I shouldn't be riding. probably not a good idea anyway with the check engine light on and the high idle...?

Thanks for all insight!

Check the voltage with a VOM at the battery first. Start the bike and check the voltage across the battery terminals while revving to 2K~ rpm's. You should see an increase in voltage, what is that voltage?
Check the codes and see what they are.
Did the check engine light come on during riding speed or only during a stop while high idling?

When is the last time you checked your battery connections?

It's an 03 Jack so I think it has the newer FI system.

Ok, thanks all. I will follow all suggestions and report back.

But first I'll be heading to the Netherlands for a week and a half, Navy reunion, Mom's 80th etc.

Maybe these issues will resolve themselves by sitting in the garage for this time :p

Later!

Ok, thanks all. I will follow all suggestions and report back.

But first I'll be heading to the Netherlands for a week and a half, Navy reunion, Mom's 80th etc.

Maybe these issues will resolve themselves by sitting in the garage for this time :p

Later!

Harley's are great bikes but I have not had one that heals itself.:newsmile100:

I'm back, checked the voltage: 11.8

Started, revved to 2K rpm, voltage: 11.8

Check engine light is on at all times; at speed, and at idle. Still idling @ 1400..... A two week vacation in the garage didn't do the bike any good, you were right HDDon :s

Couldn't figure out the whole check the code thing. Have to admit I also found it too cold on the driveway.

Got to go to the dealer any way for a 5K miles "big-twin" service. I'll have them figure it out...I'll start saving my pennies.

Check your codes first,
But if you're only making 11.8 volts with engine running I would say you have a stator/rotor issue.

Back