free website stats program Trim painter | Harley Davidson Forums

Trim painter

HUSKERROD

Looking for someone in st louis to paint 2 trim pieces for my night rod special part#66331-05 chrome vented side covers to match vivid black on my bike. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HuskerRod:

I'd recommend giving John Bauer (aka Van Gogh) a call at Bauers Studios in Belleville, IL. Ph. 618-397-8774. I'm sure they have a website too, if you want to Google for it. He did a complete pin stripping job on my vivid black '08 FLHT (The Mistress) for $300.00 and I couldn't be happier. Everything done freehand, and now I've got a bike that's different from every other black bagger I see in town. Good luck, and Merry Christmas!! Scott in IL (Christian County)

Id recomend stopping by a local autobody shop.I am a bodyman by trade and own a vivid black FLHX.Its pure black with no other colors in the formula.Any reputable shop can mix this color down to the ounce {very inexpensive on there end}.

Youre talking about very small pieces. A resonable price would be $125 to $150.Any more than that and they're goudging you.They will simply mix 4 ounces of your color and have the painter shoot the parts with the next black car they paint {we paint alot of black cars}.

thanks for the input gents, found a powdercoater here in town said it would take about a month to do because he wanted to get some more pieces to do along with it.
thanks again

Back